Other Activities, News Reports, and Events
- Click Here to Download Festival of the Stars 2013 Program
- Click Here to Download Chance to Dance 2012 Program
- Click Here to Read Our November 2012 Newsletter Now
- World Arts Today – December 1, 2012 – Giving Ballet Hopefuls A Chance to Dance – http://www.worldartstoday.com/dance/giving-ballet-hopefuls-a-chance-to-dance/
- World Arts Today – August 29, 2012 – Student Festival Shows Classical, Modern with Latin Spice - http://www.worldartstoday.com/dance/student-festival-shows-classical-modern-and-latin-spice/
- Sarasota Herald Tribune May 24, 2012: Mariinsky director joins faculty of Carreño Dance Festival – http://artssarasota.com/2012-05-24/featured/mariinsky-director-joins-faculty-of-carreno-dance-festival/
- Dance Magazine January 2012: Summer Study Guide 2012: On the Verge of Professional By Kina Poon – http://www.dancemagazine.com/issues/January-2012/Summer-Study-Guide-2012-On-the-Verge-of-Professional
- Dance Spirit December 2011: Aran Bell: by Kina Poon – http://www.dancespirit.com/2011/12/aran-bell/
- Dance Magazine March 2011: Teacher’s Wisdom: Loipa Araújo – http://www.dancemagazine.com/issues/March-2011/Teachers-Wisdom-Loipa-Arajo-
- Dance Magazine Article – Sarasota’s Growing Dance Scene – posted by Wendy Perron on Thursday, March 31, 2011 – http://www.dancemagazine.com/blogs/wendy/3776
The mission of the Sarasota International Dance Festival is to help prepare serious dancers for professional careers. Addition of The Mentoring Program augments the already existing summer training by providing on going support for the most gifted summer intensive participants. The plan is to identify the Festival’s outstanding students, then offer assistance as these dancers rise to the next level of excellence whether through participation in international competitions, studying with world class coaches or enrolling in top ranking ballet schools.
Robert de Warren was quoted as saying: “What Dr. Kesten wants to do is to keep the mentoring going by staying in touch, offering support, guidance and friendship along the way as these dancers reach success. Dr. Kesten’s generosity extends from the purchase of essential equipment all the way to helping dancers travel to critical auditions or competitions. We deeply appreciate this exciting opportunity to reach out and give help when and where it will be most effective.”
Studios are available in Sarasota for special sessions. The faculty will also accept guest coaching in other areas by request.
Special Coaching available for:
- Professional Dancers
- Production Rehearsals- Classical Repertoire.
- Advanced Dancers – Coaching for Auditions, Competitions, Academic Exams
- Private Lessons – At Advanced Level
All activities offered are available only to serious, professionally oriented dancers and dance students. Dancers may be requested to send a short DVD illustrating level of proficiency and physical attributes. The DVD must include a side view photograph of a First Arabesque and a clear picture of fully stretched insteps in a jump or on pointe. Modern or contemporary dancers will be evaluated in a slightly different manner, assessing the dancer’s special features.
NOTE: Neither SIDAF Inc. nor the Carreno Dance Festival intend to open a school. Our mission is to improve INDIVIDUAL advanced level dancers.